This huge appointment requires a enormous admission. The UNDP Wide-ranging Despicable for Technology, Alteration , and Applicable Further and Hackster.io are besides strengthening regarding the world’s brightest technology companies.
This involves devices and software developers, play designers, scientists, hackers, makers, and innovators to deliver accumulate to figure for those stray are sliding to be hardest assail by this prevalent.
The COVID-19 Detect & Protect Challenge is the collaboration with Adafruit, Amazon Web Services, Arduino, Arm, Avnet, balena, DFRobot, Google, Microsoft, Nordic Semiconductor, NVIDIA, NXP, Seeed, Silicon Labs, SORACOM, The Things Network, Ubidots, UNDP and UNICEF.
- The UNDP COVID-19 Detect and Protect Award: UNDP will recognize 10 winners with the Global UNDP Innovator Award of value $1,500 value. They will also receive UNDP recognition badge and certificate, NXP HoverGames drone, and telemetry radio, and $1,000 Visa gift card.
- The Hackster Impact Detect Award: UNDP will recognize 10 winners with the Hackster Impact Detect Award of worth $500 value. In addition to that, they will also receive Hackster Impact recognition badge, an NVIDIA Jetson Kit, a Soracom Global SIM card with $50 in credits, and a $100 Visa gift card.
- The Hackster Impact Protect Award: UNDP will recognize 10 winners with the Hackster Impact Protect Award worth of $500 value. In addition to that, they will also receive Hackster Impact recognition badge, Coral Dev Board from Google, a Soracom Global SIM card with $50 in credits, and a $100 Visa gift card.
The United Nations Development Programme Centre for Technology Innovation and Sustainable Development Announces the COVID-19 Detect and Protect Challenge. Basically, the UNDP is calling on Hackster’s global community to support developing countries through the sharing and transfer of open source technology. Moreover, this challenge has three priority actions:
- Design replicable, low-cost tools, and resources to aid viral detection.
- Flatten the curve in communities with preventive solutions.
- Reduce the disease’s impact on the economies of these vulnerable areas.
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 13 years of age
If you are 12 years or younger, you must receive a legal guardian’s permission and have them complete Hackster’s contest permission form prior to submitting an entry into this contest. Send any questions to [email protected].
- You are not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria
US export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to the countries listed above, therefore residents of these countries are not eligible to participate in this challenge.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this contest.
- You are not an immediate family member or household member of a Hackster employee.
- You must be registered as a participant for this contest.
- Must be your own original work.
- Cannot have been selected as a winner in any other Hackster contest.
- Team can be of any size.
- Your project must be a/an easy-to-replicate, low-cost open-source solution to detect or protect Covid-19 in developing countries.
- Project must be written in English.
Deadline: Jun 30, 2020 at 12:00 AM PT.
Apply Link: https://www.hackster.io/contests/UNDPCOVID19